Tuesday, April 18, 2006

A New Format.

I first began this blog because I had heard so much about "blogging", mainly from the podcasts I had recently begun listening to. Naturally, I was curious and made my own blogger account, made my first post, and left it sit for a while. Then I began simply making a quick post regarding some interesting story I had found on digg.com (a social news bookmarking website). I think what readers I had quickly realized that I wasn't really "blogging", but rather, was simply linking them to articles and websites I found interesting. I would also find myself stop blogging for weeks at a time due to a busy schedule in my real life. I would then become very unmotivated to update it.

I've since written some much longer posts that have more to do with my opinions than a URL linked to someone else's. However, I still feel like this blog is a waste of time for me and anyone who reads it. This is why I have decided to create a reliable format and schedule. Doing this will hopefully stir some life into it. I will no longer supply links to articles I have found out to my many news sources. I will instead post a list of all the news sites I subscribe to (via RSS) so that you can find out about the news on your own. I feel that offering some hopefully original content will be a lot more interesting.

Now, what should I write about? And how often should I write about it?

I have decided to review an album from my vast iTunes library each week. Not only that, but I will post my favourite song from the album for one week for all of you to enjoy. I got this idea from an MP3 blog my friend sent me where a song would be reviewed each week with the actual song posted for a while. I will come up with a possible rating scheme and layout later. Later on, I may ad video game reviews and anything else I can think of.

I will come up with a format and an appropriate way to post the song during the following week and will review the new Taking Back Sunday album next Tuesday when it is released.

Until then, enjoy a 30 second stream of each song from their up-and-coming album, Louder Now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home