Saturday, August 19, 2006

Want Five Bucks?

I recieved the following email from a friend of mine:

No, this is not about eating babies… and if you didn’t get that joke, disregard my opening statement.

Anyway, I’m starting up a small business soon, and everyone reading this e-mail can make some extra money by contributing to this project. You also won’t really have to do much at all… or even leave your house. So, I’d appreciate it if you would at least take a minute to read my full explanation.

I’ll explain what this business actually does first:

The primary purpose of this company will be to help smaller businesses attract more customers, specifically, younger customers. A client would have his business profiled, a process involving a photo-record of the store and an interview with the client. The point of the interview is to establish what sort of image this client believes he has made for his business, and to get a feel for what his current strategies are for attracting more customers.

A profile of the client’s business will then be compiled using the photos and interview mentioned, and a fairly detailed questionnaire will be tailored from it. This profile (which now includes the questionnaire) will be sent to a large focus group which fits the age range of around 18-25. Once the questionnaires have been returned, they will be compiled into a single analysis of the company. I will then add my own assessment regarding any major trends in the answers submitted, and ideally create some sort of chart outlining various approval ratings. The analysis will then be presented to the client so that he can make adjustments to his image and/or marketing strategy.

The questionnaire will be designed to encourage participants to comment on whether or not the client’s assessment of his own image is accurate, how appealing said image is, and what specific aspects of it are, or are not, attractive. Participants will also be asked to comment on the look of the store itself, with emphasis on their first impressions with the store front, and what caught their eye.

… still with me?

Hopefully you have figured out that I need you to be one of the participants in the focus group, and that your job will be to answer questionnaires that I send out via e-mail. Your personal opinion will be all that matters. You will not have to research anything, or, as I said, even go outside. I also intend to compensate you with five dollars per questionnaire filled out, so if this actually gets any momentum, you should be getting at least a few of those.

I intend to launch this business in early September, but I will need a response from you by August 27th, preferably. Simply responding with a “No thanks” or “I’m in” via e-mail is sufficient. Thanks for actually reading all this, and if you want to forward this to anyone else in the age range mentioned (18-25, roughly), feel free. The more people we have, the better our chances.


So, if you feel like helpin' a guy out and have some time to spare you can send him an email.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home