Thursday, May 11, 2006

Ma Bod 001: The Rogue Toe

This is my right foot. Notice anything weird about it? Anything out-of-the-ordinary? No, not the sparse trail of hair from the base of my ankle to my biggie toe; that is very common. Give up? Check out my baby toe; see how it shys away from the camera? Well for some reason it has always been like that; it has always lay beneath the shadow of its more-proud neighbor (whatever that toe is called ... if my foot were a hand, that toe would be called the ring toe I think). Why does it shy away like that? Perhaps it is modest; unlike its neighbors (excluding the big toe), it can be moved independently from the rest of the pack.

My buddy, Kula, always used to comment about my toe; not the shy baby one, but the one to its left. One day, he coined a pet name for it: The Rogue Toe. He noticed how it was always positioned slightly above all my other toes. Like a rogue warrior, off causing mayhem on its own, my rogue toe rose above the other toes, just enough for Kula to notice and name it.

This is the first of a mini series of articles that showcase a specific part of my body; you will never see any X-rated parts of my body.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

there's nothing rogue about that toe, luke!

If it was as you say, rogue, then it would be floating, unattatched, away from the foot. It's more like a hippie, new-age toe. A toe that loves its brothers. It is Brother Toe. A toe uncomfortabley close to its own.


Simon

May 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

... it has always lay beneath the shadow of its more-proud neighbor
You may mean "lain" and you may mean "neighbour".
if my foot were a hand, that toe would be called the ring toe
If your foot were a hand, that toe would be a finger.

Anyway, I can't believe you wrote a review of your fucking foot, Luke. Jesus.

May 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home